With this breakdown cover you will be covered should your vehicle breakdown anywhere in the UK, including your home and Europe 24/7, 365 days a year.
Under the policy terms your vehicle must be regularly serviced and maintained. You will be covered for a maximum of 6 call outs per year however call-outs for the same fault will not be covered unless the vehicle has been fully repaired or declared fit by a breakdown agent. This policy covers any breakdown in this vehicle regardless of who is driving.
In the UK
- Up to 1 hour of free labour at the roadside
- UK cover should your vehicle breakdown as a result of misfuelling
If your vehicle is to breakdown at your home AXA Assistance will attempt to repair your vehicle for up to 1 hour. If within the hour the vehicle cannot be fixed, your vehicle will be towed to the nearest garage within a 20 mile radius. If the breakdown occurs more than 1/4 mile from your home and cannot be fixed the same day by a local repairer they will either arrange;
For the vehicle, the driver and up to 7 passengers to be taken to the address you were travelling to or your home
Or if more practical provide you with overnight accommodation for one night or a 24-hour hire vehicle if repairs can be completed the following day.
If your vehicle was to breakdown whilst in Europe providing your trip does not exceed 90 days they will attempt to fix your vehicle at the road side, if this is not possible they will tow your vehicle to the nearest garage. If the vehicle repairs are going to take longer than 8 hours AXA Assistance will arrange and pay for the most appropriate solution from one of the following options:
- To move you, your passengers and luggage to where you were originally travelling to, and then, once your vehicle has been repaired, take you back to your vehicle or bring your vehicle to you: or
- Pay for the cost of hiring another car while your vehicle is being repaired. AXA Assistance will pay up to £750, as long as you are able to meet the conditions of the hire-car company: or
- Pay for bed and breakfast costs of up to £125 per person each day (£750 in total for everyone in your group) while your vehicle is being repaired, as long as you have already paid for your original accommodation and you can't get your money back.
If after a breakdown your vehicle is still not repaired or safe to drive when it is time for you to go home, AXA Assistance will pay for suitable transport to get you, your passengers and your luggage to your home, and up to £150 towards other travel costs in the UK while you wait for your own vehicle.
AXA Assistance will then choose the most appropriate solution from the following options:
- Take your vehicle to your home or your chosen repairer in the UK or;
- Pay the cost of one rail or sea ticket (or an air ticket if the rail or sea trip would take more than 12 hours) for you to go to get your vehicle once it has been repaired
Subject to terms and conditions. For further information please click on the policy wording.